- This event has passed.
Outdoor Worship at 9:30 a.m. with Kids Own Worship at 10 a.m.
September 6 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Sunday, repeating until September 27, 2020
Outdoor Worship Guidelines for September
- Please bring your own lawnchair.
- Don’t bear hug the greeters. They are lovely people, give them an emotional hug:)
- Make your own family ‘ pods’ at least 6 feet away from each other.
- Please bring and wear your own masks.
- YouTube: The outdoor service will be recorded and will be posted to YouTube later in the day on Sunday. One way or another we will have a worship service available to you.
- Offering: a box will be available to drop off your offering either before or after the service but we will not be passing a collection plate.
- Kids: Leigh will have activity kits for our young people There will be a children’s time and then Leigh will escort the children to a different outdoor area for Children’s Church.
- Weather: If there is inclement weather, a decision will be made early if the service will need to be cancelled. We will not be relocating inside in case of rain. In that case, Pastor Jim will record a service alone and post in the morning to YouTube.
It is going to look a little different. This is challenging for all. Its’ not the norm. It’s not what we’re used to. But It is still worship, it’s still praiseworthy, and it is still giving glory to God. I would encourage you to think of it as a reflection service – where you come in, where you spend time in prayer, spend time thinking and contemplating, spend time really listening to scripture. This would be an excellent time to bring your own bible to worship. Plan on coming in spending time in nature, with other people and with God.
Assess your own comfort level of attending this in person worship. Know that you are in our thoughts even if you are unable or uncomfortable being around others in this very challenging time.
Kids Own Worship (ages 4 – 12) will now be meeting in person following the Children’s Sermon on Sundays. While we are outdoors, we will meet on the lawn (and in the shade) of NPC and resume our exploration of worship! All shared materials will be easily sanitized or disposable and there be enough room to be spaced out accordingly.